Chrome Extensions and Firefox Add-Ons are where the Internet is still at its most vibrant and alive. Any coder with a bit of time and talent on their hands can create one. With the power of the Chrome Web Store or Firefox Add-ons Store, they can reach an audience of millions. Most extensions are free to use, and easy to install. They all add a formidable amount of functionality to your browser. That’s why we wanted to introduce our selection of extensions to the world. They might just help you out!
We’re a small team of professional coders, and we’re on a mission. We wanted to create this little website to see if it would organically grow its audience. Is it enough to write an occasional post, and still see some growth over time? Let’s find out!
However, these extensions and add-ons also pose a clear risk. They can be used to harvest and sell personal data for monetary gain, or for political objectives. That’s why Google has implemented new systems of checks and security. They’ve called it Project Strobe, and it’s made your extensions safer than ever. With so many scandals in the past, it’s about time, too!
Your guess is as good as ours. Still, even though the commercial interests of the industry are immense, there are also small-time initiatives out there, where you can enjoy the freedom of the Net without paying a cent. Browser Extensions are a splendid example of this: it’s mostly freeware, available for anyone. Try it!
- TinEye, reverse image search
- Use this VPN extension and stay safe online
- Use the Honey extension to get great deals
- Click Whatruns and discover the secrets of your competition
- Use Speed Test by Ookla to know your bandwidth
- Full Page Screen Capture, click and save anything
- Use SafeInCloud for your password collection
- Write better texts with Grammarly
- Evernote, the one place to keep everything
- start.me browser extension review